Sustainability Report 2020
At Vista we operate with integrity, innovation and agility. We work as a team to do things right, the first time and every time. We develop our business in a sustainable way creating value today while building a future for generations to come.
A sustainable approach to run our business
- We had 0 fatalities in 2019 and 2020
- During 2020, our TRIR was 0.38, a 90% reduction since operations takeover in 2018
- We accomplished our ambition to reach TRIR<1 in line with Tier 1 international oil & gas safety performance
- We completed 571 hours of HSE training sessions
- We actively foster female talent and career development within the organization. In 2020, we accomplished our goal of staffing 50% of employment vacancies with female talent. Additionally, we adhered to UN Women’s Empowerment Principles, which we are incorporating as part of our Gender Equity Action Plan
- We strongly believe in the value of developing an organizational culture that fosters diversity, equality and inclusion at work. In Buenos Aires, we contract products and services from the non-profit organization En Buenas Manos, which sole purpose is to foster employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- As part of our emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we donated four ventilators and three monitors to Neuquén Province healthcare system and 20 intensive care beds and other medical equipment to Catriel’s public hospital. Additionally, we donated $145,000 to the #SeamosUno initiative and to the NGO Banco de Alimentos
- We partnered with Fundación Enseña x Argentina (Teach for Argentina), a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the educational standards of public high schools. To date, we have contributed with the training of 90 teachers, and 30 Vista volunteers have tutored 49 students
- We completed our Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) inventory for 2019 and 2020, with a total of 416,700 tons of CO2e of Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions in 2020
- Based on these data, we will set corporate reduction goals and design an action plan to reduce greenhouse emissions in our operations, to be presented in our next sustainability report
- We transferred 99% of total hydrocarbon production by pipelines, minimizing trucking transportation, which allows us to reduce carbon footprint from our operations
- In our flagship Bajada del Palo Oeste project, we have used permanent infrastructure to source water, thus avoiding +50,000 trucking round trips, and their impact on GHG emissions
Vista is committed to implementing a sound, transparent corporate governance principles that strengthen confidence and trust with our stakeholders.
- 100% of our employee’s short-term incentive compensation includes a relevant component of sustainability goals
- 100% of our employees and relevant contractors signed the Code of Ethics and Conduct
- We have completed 340 training hours on human rights awareness
- 67% of our Board members are independent
- 100% of our Board committee seats (Audit Corporate Practices and Compensation) covered by independent Board members
Code of Ethics and Conduct
Our Code of Ethics and Conduct is a guidance to do our job in an ethical manner. In short, we do business in the right way when we act in an ethical manner, abiding by our Values and respecting our Code, our policies and procedures, and the applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Our Code of Ethics and Conduct is a guidance to do our job in an ethical manner. In short, we do business in the right way when we act in an ethical manner, abiding by our Values and respecting our Code, our policies and procedures, and the applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which we operate. The Code is applicable to all of us who are part of Vista, including all of us who are part of Vista Oil & Gas S.A.B. de C.V., and all of us who are part of the companies comprising the Vista Group which carry on activities and businesses anywhere in the world. To access our code please click here
Our whistleblower channels can be found in the following link:
United Nations Global Compact
In August 2020 we officially adhered to the United Nations Global Compact program, supporting the Ten Principles on Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-corruption. Through this commitment, we expressed our intention to implement those principles, incorporating them as part of Vista’s business strategy, culture and day-to-day operations.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the United Nations General Assembly adopted 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that set the global agenda for equitable, socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable economic development to achieve worldwide prosperity by 2030.
In pursuing this purpose, we are in the process of identifying certain goals on which we can have the greatest impact, supported by initiatives to achieve short-term targets, as well as forward-looking sustainable development programs.